Under Company Settings, the Pay Rates section allows the Administrator to configure the pay ranges for each position at the organization.
As it relates to KFC, Pay Ranges will help ensure that new team members' information transmits to Merit correctly. Pay Ranges also help ensure that Managers hire new team members within the acceptable pay range, by having a minimum and a maximum set for each position. This will ensure information integrates to Merit appropriately and can assist in reporting labor costs.
What is a Pay Range?
- A range of acceptable wages you managers can choose to pay your employees.
- Example: $8.00/hr to $10.00/hr
To access Pay Rates at any time, follow this path: Settings. → Select your organization. → Company Settings/Pay Rates.
Jobs appear on the left. If you don't see the job you need, go to the Jobs section to add additional jobs.
To set or edit a Pay Range:
- Click on the Job from the left.
- Assign Units: Click the drop-down menu to select from All Locations or Customize. If you choose Customize, use the prompts to select the applicable units.
- Enter the Hourly or Salaried Pay Range by entering a Minimum value and a Maximum value. PeopleMatter will calculate the Midpoint value automatically.
- Skip Add Shift Premium if applicable.
- Click to Add Another Pay Range if applicable and repeat the steps listed.
- Click Save.
For additional training regarding Pay Rates, please view the Configure Pay Rates eLearning Lesson: