Do I need a Monster account to post jobs from PeopleMatter to Monster?
- Yes, you need a separate Monster account.
- Your organization's payment information must be accurate with Monster.
- Your Monster account must be set up to work with third parties, such as PeopleMatter’s applicant tracking system, in order for the job posting to go live.
- If unsure of the above, contact your Monster Sales Representative.
What configurations are needed to post jobs to Monster?
- In Job Boards, click Add Credentials, enter your valid Monster Username and Password, and click Save.
- Click the Job Postings tab to add postings. Click Add New.
- Follow the prompts to:
- Select a Monster location. Click Next. (Only one geographic location may be selected per posting.)
- PeopleMatter mirrored Monster’s location selector by geographical location (vs. simply selecting a location/job combination to post) to minimize the possibility of being charged for posting in the same geographical area.
- For instance, on Monster.com when the zip code 29492 is entered, the ‘US-South Carolina-South/Charleston’ Monster posting area contains all of the cities and towns shown below.
- You will see a message about your PeopleMatter location that will be assigned based on your selection of the Monster geographic location. Click Next.
- Select the specific Jobs for that location, click Next.
- The job posting information will appear. Information will pre-populate based on the job within your PeopleMatter system. Complete the additional required fields. Click Next.
- Repeat the last step for any additional jobs. Click Next.
- You will receive a confirmation message and reminder about payment. Click Save.
- Under Job Postings, you will see a dashboard with a list of all postings and associated statuses of Posted, Pending, or Failed.
- If the job posting failed, the user is not able to edit credentials and “re-initiate” the same posting. The previous posting’s information is not saved in our database; therefore, the user will have to add a new posting. Their CareerBuilder account should not be charged until the posting status reads “Posted.”
- Note: The posting duration for all jobs posted through PeopleMatter is 30 days and begins the day the posting is live.