Some customers use the Employee ID field in PeopleMatter, and this field is often used in an integration to a payroll system. Editing this field can have implications, so only certain users can edit the Employee ID field by default.
Who can edit the Employee ID?
- Primary Admins
- Financial Admins
- For other roles, by default, the Employee ID field is view-only.
- There is a setting that does allow additional roles to edit the Employee ID. This setting needs to be turned on by a member of the PeopleMatter Support Team at the request of your organization's administrator.
- If this setting is turned on, all of the following roles would be able to edit the Employee ID:
- Business Admin
- Human Resources Manager
- Business Unit Admin
- Custom Store Manager
To edit the Employee ID field:
- Click WorkSpaces.
- Under your organization's name, click Administrator.
- The Administrator WorkSpace or HOME tab will appear. Click Team Members.
- Team Members will display. Click on the Team Member's Name to view their record in detail.
- On the Work Info tab, click Edit next to Employee ID field.
- Make necessary changes. Click Save.
If you do not have access to edit the Employee ID, it will appear as view-only: