Under Company Settings, the Pay Rates section allows the Administrator to configure the pay ranges for each position at the organization.
The benefits in utilizing this feature include:
- Staying compliant with minimum wage laws
- Maintaining control of pay rates assigned
- Setting appropriate expectations with your team on what certain positions should expect to make
What is a Pay Range?
- A range of acceptable wages you managers can choose to pay your employees.
- Example: $8.00/hr to $10.00/hr
To access Pay Rates at any time, follow this path: Settings. → Select your organization. → Company Settings/Pay Rates.
Jobs appear on the left. If you don't see the job you need, go to the Jobs section to add additional jobs.
To set or edit a Pay Range:
- Click on the Job from the left.
- Assign Units: Click the drop-down menu to select from All Locations or Customize. If you choose Customize, use the prompts to select the applicable units.
- Enter the Hourly or Salaried Pay Range by entering a Minimum value and a Maximum value. PeopleMatter will calculate the Midpoint value automatically.
- Add Shift Premium is only applicable when using PeopleMatter SCHEDULE.
- Click to Add Another Pay Range if applicable and repeat the steps listed.
- Click Save.
For additional training regarding Pay Rates, please view the Configure Pay Rates eLearning Lesson: