In PeopleMatter, employers must complete Section 3 when:
- Your employee's employment authorization or documentation of employment authorization has expired ("reverifcation").
- For more information, USCIS Website on Reverification.
Administrators and Managers can use the I-9 Documentation Dashboard to access individuals who need reverification of an expiring document on an I-9. The system will not notify you when a reverification is due; you will need to use the I-9 Documentation Dashboard to access this information.
To access the I-9 Documentation Dashboard:
- Click WorkSpaces.
- Under your organization's name, click Administrator.
- The Administrator WorkSpace or HOME tab will appear. Click I-9 Documentation.
- A list of Team Members will appear. The status for each individual will display on the right.
- You can search for a Team Members by name or use Filters to narrow down your search.
- Use the I-9 Status filter for Reverification Due.
- The Team Member's status will display on the right and appear with Reverification Due. Click the information symbol "i" if you need additional details.
- Click Actions. Click Start New Reverification.
- You will be prompted to complete Section 3. Follow the prompts to enter pertinent information.
- If you are reverifying a name change, click Update With New Name (if applicable).