This setting may depends on two items.
User Settings: This is managed in Background Check - Global Settings - User Settings. The organization's administrator can determine if they want users with the Business Unit Admin (BUA) role to run background checks and/or review background check results.
- Go to Background Checks.
- Under Global Settings - User Settings, review the settings related to the BUA role.
- Click the checkbox(es) to enable the feature(s), if appropriate, for your organization.
Packages Assigned to Position: If the BUA is able to run background checks, you will want to check the actual job to see how it is configured.
- In an event you see that the job has "Background Check On - Limited," it is by design. It was designed with the intent to stop Managers from mistakenly running a pricey background check.
- When "On - Limited" is selected for the job, it is set up to ONLY allow the Human Resources Manager and above to run the background check. In this case, a BUA will not be able to see any background check packages.
Suggested Work Arounds:
- Human Resources Admin and higher can run the background check.
- The BUA affected could reach out to the corporate office and ask the corporate office to make changes regarding this setting if they choose.