Any background check that is not 100% clear goes into a Review Folder within Sterling. The background check data will not be sent to PeopleMatter and the background check status will remain as "Processing" until the review folder process is completed. Sterling also does not have access to these folders to push information manually. They require action to be taken by the account holder (PeopleMatter Customer).
1. The PeopleMatter customer should have received an email from SterlingBackCheck similar to the emails below to let you know there is a file to review:
The report for #### has been moved to Review status for further consideration or action on your part. It can be viewed by clicking on the link below.
Please follow your internal procedures for applying the final score or action to the report. If you have questions about this process or the report, please contact your Client Services Team. (link)
The report for #### has been scored as Level 1 for your background screening Client Matrix Application requirements.
Click here to view the background check of ### (link)
2. The link in the email will take you to the Screen Orders page below. Please select "Review."
3. Once within the Review Folders, you will select the background check by clicking on the name and then "View Detail."
Three options are presented as a scoring method:
- Level 1: Will move to "Proceed" status in HIRE
- These are 100% clear and are automatically sent to PeopleMatter without further action required
- Level 2: Will move to "Pending Review" status in HIRE
- Something was flagged
- This will close as "consider"
- Level 3: Will move to "Pending Review" status in HIRE
- Something was flagged
- Ex: Hired for driving-related job but has a suspended license, positive drug test, criminal record enough to keep from hiring, etc...
- The parameters to determine the difference between Level 2 and Level 3 are set with your account with Sterling
4. After the background review is set to one of these levels, the files will change from “Processing” in PeopleMatter HIRE to “Proceed” or “Pending Review,” in which case the PeopleMatter customer will select “Proceed” or “Discontinue” as usual.
Any specific questions on this process can be directed to the Sterling support team directly: Support6010@sterlingbackcheck.com. Unfortunately the PeopleMatter support team can not see in to this portal.