In order for a course to be appear in the Prerequisite menu, it has to be marked as required for Future Team Members. Assigning a course is Step Three in the overall process to create a course in LEARN.
To access Courses at any time, follow this path: Settings. → Select your organization. → LEARN/Manage Courses.
- From your list of courses, select the course you want to edit.
- Navigate to Step Three - Assign the Course and Save.
- Within Step Three, you should not have to make any changes to Units/Jobs or Roles at this point. Click Next to view the screen below.
- The arrow indicates that there is no course due date set for Future Team Members. For this course to be a prerequisite, there must be a course due date here.
- To update, click Reset Course Due Date.
- To require this course, you will set the Course Due Date for current Team Members and future Team Members. If you want to make the course optional, skip this step.
- The first field prompts you to Set a due date for current Team Members. To do so, click the checkbox called Require this course. Use the calendar to select the due date. There is a reminder that the course will not be reset for team members that have already taken the course.
- The second field prompts you to Set a due date for future Team Members. To do so, click the checkbox called Require this course. A drop-down called Select Due Date will appear. Click the drop-down arrow. For new hires, you can select from a list of options:
- Hire Date
- First 3 Days of Hire
- First Week of Hire
- First Month of Hire
- Select Due Date and choose a date using the calendar.
- When finished, click Save.
- Make any additional edits to your LEARN course. Save your changes.
- Return to the course where you want to set prerequisites and update as necessary.