To complete this process, the Manager must:
- Ensure the citizenship status and Alien Registration Number/USCIS Number in Section 1 is accurate, and
- Enter the correct document number for a Permanent Resident Card.
Please note, these are two different numbers.
This can be completed using the I-9 Documentation Dashboard.
- Click WorkSpaces.
- Under your organization's name, click Administrator.
- The Administrator WorkSpace or HOME tab will appear. Click I-9 Documentation.
- A list of Team Members will appear. The status for each individual will display on the right.
- Click Actions. Click Start I-9.
- Section 2 of the I-9 will open. There are four steps for you to complete.
Step 1: Verify the information in Section 1:
- When an employee provides a Permanent Resident Card as verification of their employment, they should have marked Lawful Permanent Resident as their status in Section 1 of Form I-9. This is the only citizenship status that the Permanent Resident Card is associated with.
- The manager can then verify the employee entered the correct Alien Registration Number/USCIS Number. Please keep in mind, this number is always different than the document number the manager enters in Step 2 of Section 2 for Form I-9.
- Highlighted below is where the number that should be on Section 1 can be found:
- Please note: If the manager finds any incorrect information ion Section 1 of the I-9, they can click "Send Back To the Employee for Corrections" on the bottom left of the screen, which will send an email to the employee to make any changes.
- Click Next to move on to Step 2.
Step 2: Enter Documentation Information:
- Select the Permanent Resident Card for verification.
- Enter Document Title, Issuing Authority, Document Number, and an Expiration Date.
- The issuing authority is always USCIS.
- To find the number, review the highlighted areas in the picture below.
- Complete the remaining steps for finishing Section 2 as you normally would.